Increasingly, customers expect marketing communications that go beyond a generic email blast. Personalization is in. This means eCommerce marketers need to focus on creating more relevant and valuable customer engagements. A core component for success in the eCommerce industry is Μarketing Automation.
Marketing Automation helps engage customers in a more personal and valuable fashion. It allows marketers to target shoppers with the correct message at the optimal time. Marketing messages can be triggered based on previous consumer behavior, preferences, and purchase history. In this post, we’ve gathered the latest marketing automation statistics you need to know for 2019.
Email marketing automation statistics
Over 49% of businesses use some form of email automation. It is the best method to reach customers with relevant information regarding your brand. The more valuable the information, the more likely shoppers will convert. Check out these statistics on email marketing automation.
Cart abandonment emails
- Open rate averages at over 30%
- Conversion rate can reach as much as 20%
- Sales rate can reach 10.7%
Browse abandonment emails
- Browse abandonment email open rate reaches almost 40%
- Browse abandonment email average click-through rate is 10.87%
- Browse abandonment email average revenue per recipient is $1.35
Product Recommendation, Cross Sellings & Others
- Product Recommendation email open rate as much as 10%
- Product Recommendation email conversion rate can reach 3%
- Price drop reminder open rates average at 38.33%
- Cross-selling email reminder can increase sales as much as 28%
Push Notification automation statistics
With retail revenues predicted to skyrocket to $4.88 trillion USD in 2021, it’s more important than ever that eCommerce marketers keep up with the latest marketing automation statistics. Triggered push notifications are essential to keep customers engaged with your brand in real-time. Here are some top push notification marketing automation statistics.
- Push Notifications have an opening rate of 90%
- Push notifications open rate totals 50% higher than that of email marketing
- 55% to 60% of app users agree to receive push notifications
- 40% interact with push notifications within 1 hour of receiving them
- 70% of users say that push notifications are useful
SMS automation statistics
SMS marketing is an effective and low-cost marketing tool that reaches every age demographic. Also, high conversion rates have made SMS a popular marketing platform.
- SMS has an open rate of 98%
- SMS has a 45% response rate
- SMS click-through rate averages as much as 36%
- 85% of students preferred SMS as a customer service option
- Coca-Cola spends 70% of their mobile marketing budget on SMS services
On-site Automations statistics
Onsite automation includes pop-ups using a strong CTA, attention-grabbing images, provoking headlines, bright colors or a “can’t say no to” giveaway. Let’s look at some statistics on marketing automation and how it can help your eCommerce shop.
- Exit Intent Pop-Up automation conversion rate is as much as 9.28% for the top-performing Pop-Ups
- Exit Intent Pop-Up automation average conversion rate is 3.09%
- List Building Pop-Up conversion rate can be as much as 2-4% of visitors
- The % of sites using pop-ups is 1 eCommerce store out of 4
- “First-time-purchase” discounts of 10-15% are the most popular popup offers
Marketing automation ROI statistics
ECommerce is one of the most popular channels for buying and selling products worldwide. In fact, retail eCommerce sales worldwide grew from 1.3 trillion US dollars in 2014 to 2.3 trillion US dollars in 2017. Marketing automation is a powerful generator when it comes it driving your ROI. Here are amazing marketing automation ROI statistics:
- 80% of marketing automation users see increased leads, and 77% see increased conversions
- 91% of users say marketing automation is “very important” to the overall success of their online marketing activities.
- 90% higher customer retention rates can result from omnichannel marketing automation
- 45% of agencies rely on marketing automation platforms to show ROI
- Advertising automation can save businesses $130,000 a year in costs
- As of May 2019, more than 70% of advertisers were using Google automated bidding strategies
- Omnichannel marketing automation can produce 250% higher purchase and engagement rates than single-channel marketing automation.
Other interesting marketing automation stats
- 77% of marketing automation users see increased conversions
- 80% of marketing automation users see increased leads
- By 2022, 80% of all advertising processes will be automated
- Global spending on marketing automation tools is predicted to pass $25 billion by 2023 — a 14% annual growth rate
- 58% of B2B companies plan to adopt marketing automation software in the foreseeable future
How can marketing automation help my eCommerce business?
Building an omnichannel eCommerce marketing is vital in gaining and retaining customers. And, increasing your customer base and repurchases from loyal shoppers means more sales.
Ecommerce marketing automation can help your online business with its many benefits. Using a cutting edge marketing automation platform like ContactPigeon, you can effortlessly up your marketing strategy to new heights using triggered and personalized email, push notification, and SMS notifications.
Conclusion: Don’t leave it for tomorrow
The days when Marketing Automation was a trend belong to the past. It is now a must in 2019. The above statistics show that both the market penetration and, moreover, the effectiveness is undeniable. Investing in a reliable and powerful eCommerce marketing automation software should be in the plans of every growing enterprise. You cannot afford to fall behind your competition.
Consider how the above marketing automation statistics for eCommerce 2019 can impact your online business. Act today.
ContactPigeon’s powerful marketing automation features have helped eCommerce business to reach 30% higher in conversion rates. Let our powerful marketing automation platform transform the way you market your brand and have 2019 be your best year yet.